Make Friends, Compete, Have Fun!
Join The Family
We are a club sport at CSU that competes at the varsity level. No experience necessary to join. The desire to compete and be a part of a team is. No Sissies, Slackers, Whiners, Quitters, or Spectators Need Apply!
CSU Rowing stands for a winning attitude, strong desire to succeed, and self-confidence of enduring achievement. We want you to join us, try out, and see if you can cut it. There’s no shame in not making it, just in not trying
Read more about the team on our About Rowing section.
We are always looking for CSU students to join the team as rowers and coxswains (rowers row; coxswains don’t row, but they steer, direct, and support the boats/rowers during practices and races).
No Experience Necessary!
|Fall 2015 Event/Regatta Schedule|
|Aug. 24||Practice starts, 5:30AM-7:15AM Mon - Fri||CRF Boathouse|
|Sept. 19||Head of the Cuyahoga||CRF Boathouse|
|Oct. 3||Head of the Ohio||Pittsburgh, PA|
|Oct. 12||Speakmon Memorial||Columbus, OH|
|Nov. 7-8||Head of the Hooch (RegattaCentral)||Chatanooga TN|
|TBD||End of Season Banquet||CSU, Parker Hannifin Bldg|
Spring 2014 Event/Regatta Schedule
|11-Jan||6 AM First day of winter conditioning New recruits andÊwalk-ons ÊwelcomeÊ||Cleveland Rowing Foundation Boathouse|
|13-Feb||8-2PM: Hammer Ergatta (2K) Indoor Race||Cleveland State University|
|7-9PM: After Party @ Flat Iron Fundraiser||Flat Iron Cafe|
|March 5-13||Spring Break Training||Tampa, FL|
|TBD||Cleveland Collegiate Regatta||Cleveland, OH|
|TBD||Cincinnati Regatta||Cincinnati, OH|
|TBD||MACRA Championships||Ypsilanti, MI|
|May 14/15||Dad VailsÊ(Top Boat(s) only)||Philadelphia, PA|
Summer 2014 Event/Regatta Schedule
|June-Aug||Summer Season Begins||CRF boathouse|
|Summer College Rowing League - Experience Rowers Only||Chicago, IL|
|Chicago Sprints||Grand Rapids, MI|
|The Grand Regatta|
Reasons To Join
- Group Fitness – You’ll workout harder and won’t miss a day if your do it with others
- Its something new, healthy, interesting, exciting and fun!
- No experience is necessary and you can walk on unlike varsity sports
- We compete against schools that CSU’s varsity sports compete against: all ohio college rowing clubs, OSU, MSU,GVSU,Mercyhurst, etc… In the past we’ve even compete against Ivy League teams.
- Pride – We represent Cleveland State University at regional competitions against universities from all over North America.
- Dedication – We practice five times a week or more throughout the whole school year.
- Teamwork – Rowing creates synergy and demands support from all members.
- Tradition – We apply what we learn on the water to our everyday lives.
The team is open to all full-time Cleveland State University students. Previous experience is not required; open mindedness and application of our team values is!